This cream gel is ideal for beginners in the world of retinol products.
What is it and what do we use it for?
This cream gel is formulated to start a treatment with Retinol for those skins that are sensitive or have never used this active ingredient. Retinol is as effective as it is sensitizing, so it should be used discontinuously, at first, until our skin gets used to it.
Nonna’s Starter R has formulated its cream with different active ingredients that will help minimize the sensitization of retinol, making it easier to introduce this active ingredient into our routine.
Pure retinol has an option from the Scientific Committee (SCCS- Vitamin A), published in October 2016, where it advises (but does not oblige), that retinol should be at a maximum of 0.3% in facial care products. This is so, due to the associated irritation that retinol is known to produce on our skin.
What active ingredients does it have?
For a gradual introduction to the use of retinol products, the way in which the retinol is used is essential to avoid sensitization as much as possible. In this case, Starter R has encapsulated retinol. In addition, combining it with soothing active ingredients will minimize any discomfort associated with this active ingredient:
- 0.15% Encapsulated Retinol: stabilizes the retinol by being encapsulated, minimizes the irritation it could produce as it penetrates more easily and performs its anti-aging function in the deeper layers of the skin.
- 1% Bakuchiol: or vegetable retinol, it has an anti-aging and anti-acne action, comparable to pure retinol, but does not cause any discomfort, making it ideal for the most sensitive skins.
- 5% Niacinamide: or provitamin B3, helps regulate the production of melanin, sebum, collagen and elastin and improves skin hydration.
- Pro-Vitamin B5: improves skin regeneration processes and helps prevent transepidermal water loss.
- Tranexamic Acid: has a tyrosine-like structure, reduces hyperpigmentation by blocking melanin migration.
- Hyaluronic Acid: high moisturizing capacity, and surely the best ally of retinol. It helps to reduce the dryness inherent to this active ingredient and improves skin elasticity.
- Chamomile and Oat Extract: ideal for sensitive skin, they help to improve skin condition, helping it to regenerate.
Who is it indicated for?
Containing encapsulated retinol and Bakuchiol makes it ideal for skins that are new to retinol treatments, even for the most sensitive skins.
A powerful combination that fights the signs of aging and helps to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, pore size and imperfections.
What does it look like?
Very light and quickly absorbed cream-gel. It should be applied at night, as retinol is photosensitizing and always accompanied by sunscreen during the day.
To correctly introduce retinol in our routine, we must start gradually and always paying attention to our skin, it will set the pace. Starting 2/3 times a week, until it is introduced as a daily night treatment.
What are the ingredients of STARTER R?
|Ingredients:||Active ingredients Required|
|POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE||Soft-Focus Particle|
|AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER||Emulsifier|
|PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS OIL||Almond Oil|
|CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA EXTRACT||Chamomile Extract|
|AVENA SATIVA KERNEL EXTRACT||Oat Extract|
|BAKUCHIOL||Bakuchiol- Retinol like|
|SODIUM HYALURONATE||Hyaluronic Acid Salt|
|TOCOPHERYL ACETATE||Vitamin E|
|TRANEXAMIC ACID||Tranexamic Acid|
|DISODIUM EDTA||Chelating agent|
|PHOSPHATIDYLCHOLINE||Emulsifier for encapsulation
|XANTHAN GUM||Gelling agent|
Review @inside_cosmetics. Cristina’s opinion
I have combination and sensitive skin, so this product is totally suitable for me. I have never noticed any kind of discomfort or irritation that I have experienced with other Retinol products. The texture is so light that it is ideal for combination skin, and it absorbs so quickly that it is very pleasant how it leaves the skin, soft and velvety.
My skin got used to its use quite quickly. I alternated it for two weeks and was soon able to use it on a daily basis.
It helps control sebum production and also fights the formation of wrinkles, providing firmness, elasticity, and turgidity to the skin, making it a very versatile and complete treatment.